PotterCast 180: The Mystic Kettle of Knackledork

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
January 12, 2009, 05:22 PM

It's the first PotterCast of the new year and is packed full with the latest Harry Potter news, discussion and so much more.  This week on our Harry Potter podcast, Sue's News starts off the show with the latest on the upcoming Harry, A History audio book, Dan Radcliffe's comments on Harry Potter: The Musical, actor Tom Felton at Universal Orlando, High Res Half-Blood Prince images, more on possible splits for the Deathly Hallows films, and the Half-Blood Prince film garnering a PG rating.  We also give you some more information on the upcoming PotterCast Summer Tour and a run down of our latest Leaky events.  Canon Conclundrums is up next, with a discussion on wandless magic and the act of Legilimency.  The show wraps up with our PotterCast Quartet talking about the new year, Frak telling hot sauce stories, John making wizard rock music videos, Jingle Spells 2 CDs shipments, and info on Fitting It In, including John's subscriber challenge. To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"The Mystic of Knackledork"
  • Where are they going to split Deathly Hallows? Will they cut Godric's Hollow?
  • Dobby isn't dead...
  • Canon Conclundrums: It's "Legilimens," not "Legitimens."
  • Internet and the Wizarding World.
  • Is heartbreak worse than death?
  • The Wrap-Up: Frak puts hot sauce in his eye – and John covers himself with yogurt.
  • Go to youtube.com/pottercast to see the worst day of John's life.
  • Register for LeakyCon 2009 now!
  • Subscribe to PotterCast's YouTube channel today!
RT: 69:04

Producer: John Noe
Editor: Michael Beckett

Contributing Editors:
Jake Neuman
Briana Roop
Adam Saunders

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 2
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (33 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (8 MB).

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Aaron

I’m half way through this now – showed up in iTunes 40 minutes ago lol

Been great so far :)

Posted by Aaron on January 12, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Lorelai

Yes! I have been wating for a new one! I love pottercast. I find that I am getting more and more addicted as they go on! :) Thanks guys for doing them!

Posted by Lorelai on January 12, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Natalie

Yay! Another one :)

Posted by Natalie on January 12, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Andrew

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Simple reaction wouldn’t you say?
Thanks PotterCast, i’ve been waiting forever for this show… you have made my day!!

Posted by Andrew on January 12, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

dammit I can’t listen, have to do essays

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on January 12, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator
Joel

There seems to be a problem with Melissa’s track… It keeps overlapping with the others (in the intro at least).

Posted by Joel on January 12, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Carebie

Thank you! I will have to listen to it later!

Posted by Carebie on January 12, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
he-who-must-not-be-named

omg..this is so weird..i was just sayin 2 my friend tht i have nothing to do and i want the next pottercast to come out. yay! i got my wish!!

Posted by he-who-must-not-be-named on January 12, 2009, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Joey

I think that they should split the Deathly Hollows movie at the moment when Greyback and the snatchers show up out side their tent. You will hear “Come out of there” It will leave you feeling scared for Harry, Ron & Hermione. I loved the Book “Harry a History” good work Melissa!!

Posted by Joey on January 12, 2009, 10:24 PM report to moderator
Krystle

Been dying! TY Guys!

Posted by Krystle on January 12, 2009, 10:58 PM report to moderator
ravesfave

I’m so devastated. I cannot listen to it. Nothing is working for me aaaahhhhh!
So devastated!

Posted by ravesfave on January 13, 2009, 12:52 AM report to moderator
Macladyrose

Can’t seem to get #180 to download on itunes—“waiting” to download

Posted by Macladyrose on January 13, 2009, 01:06 AM report to moderator
tat

SQUEEEEEE! This is brilliant I have been hanging out for this :) You guys are life savers!

Posted by tat on January 13, 2009, 01:47 AM report to moderator
Witchchylde

Phew, actually downloaded this time! First time, not only did it sit there loading almost nothing, it also seemed to think that Mystic Kettle of Knackledork was episode 178! All better now though! Weeeee!

Posted by Witchchylde on January 13, 2009, 03:58 AM report to moderator
Witchchylde

Although…. now that I have it, my insomnia seems to have spontaneously cured itself. >>; sigh Off to bed without hearing new PC I guess. Nargles.

Posted by Witchchylde on January 13, 2009, 03:59 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Dumbledore reached across to Professor McGonagall's desk, picked up the blood-stained silver sword, and handed it to Harry. Dully, Harry turned it over, the rubies blazing in the firelight. And then he saw the name engraved just below the hilt: [i]Godric