Shell Cottage Scene for Deathly Hallows to be Filmed in Wales?

DH Film
March 13, 2009, 06:43 AM

Here is a bit of news that is perhaps very cool and a bit sad for fans as well, as there are reports of a possible location for filming of the emotional scenes at Shell cottage in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The Western Telegraph is reporting today that crews from WB have apparently been in the South Pembrokeshire coastal areas in Wales, scouting for a location that will be used for filming DH this summer. Quotage as follows:

"It is understood location staff from film company Warner Brothers have visited Pembrokeshire and booked hotel and self-catering accommodation in the area ahead of their arrival to film during early summer.

The seaside scenes in the book relate to the fictional village of Tinworth in Cornwall, the location of Shell Cottage where young wizards Harry, Ron and Hermione take shelter.

A spokesman for the Harry Potter production team said no specific locations for the film could be confirmed."

As noted in the article, WB has not confirmed this possible location for Deathly Hallows filming. We will continue to follow the story, updates when we get them!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I really hope this is for Shell Cottage – it’s the right kind of location for it :)

Posted by Daisy on March 13, 2009, 07:02 AM report to moderator

First to comment… Shell cottage’s scenes are great, I hope they’ll do them right.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on March 13, 2009, 07:03 AM report to moderator

I have a precise idea of Shell Cottage, and the sea around, the wind, the green grass…I hope I won’t be disappointed when I see the film.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on March 13, 2009, 07:05 AM report to moderator
N5584_thumb

Please Shell Cottage. I can just imagine it, on the top of a little cliff …

Posted by leakylover56 on March 13, 2009, 07:21 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

Wow maybe this means they will finally include dobby in a movie again….

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on March 13, 2009, 07:32 AM report to moderator
Dontez_b_thumb

IF THEY DONT INCLUDE DOBBY LUCE-LUPIN THAT WOULD BE PRITTY DUMB BUT I CANT WAIT HOPEFULLY THIS IS THE SITE BUT IF NOT I STILL THINK THEY WILL PICK THE SITE IN WHICH THEY FEEL IS BEST FOR THIS SCENE

Posted by Fresh Prince on March 13, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Oh I hope this is true because if they cut Shell Cottage it would be one of if not the biggest mistakes they have ever made. So much happens at Shell Cottage. Most importantly Dobby’s part of the story better be there! I swear if there is no Dobby I don’t know what I’ll do. At least Bill has been cast, sounds like they are hopefully not cutting Shell Cottage, now all I need is to hear confirmation Clemence Poesy has been cast and for now I will be super satisfied with the direction DH seems to be going in. It is my favorite book after all so I’m more nervous than usual about this one.

Posted by bella vita on March 13, 2009, 07:44 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

It must be for the shell cottage scene. . . :)

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 13, 2009, 07:50 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

I hope they include the part where harry buries dobby at Shell Cottage. That was the most beautiful moment. AWESOME! :)

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on March 13, 2009, 07:54 AM report to moderator

I think that Dobby will be in the movie. Didn’t they confirm about casting Toby Jones for Dobby’s voice?

Looking forward to read updates about this news. :-)

Posted by Lily_Severus on March 13, 2009, 07:56 AM report to moderator
Johnb_thumb

Well, who knows what will happen on the cutting room floor, but I am pretty sure Dobby will be in it and if he is in it, the death scene will be too and after all, can you really see them pulling the Malfoy Manor scene? And if that is there, who will come to save them except Dobby? Kreature? Not even they are that dense!!!

I hope O_O

Posted by JohnB on March 13, 2009, 08:06 AM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

If they are still looking for a location for Shell Cottage this may mean, if they are filming the first one first and then the second one later, that Shell Cottage is going to be in the second film. I don’t know if there was any news saying that they were filming the two separately except the cast saying they have only received the script for the first film.

I don’t know where i want the split so i am not too disappointed. At least we know that Shell Cottage is in the film somewhere.

Posted by decarus on March 13, 2009, 08:09 AM report to moderator
Me_chris_snap_thumb

Get Clemence Poesy and the DH will be the better for it. Im still thinking about the split – it shouldnt be too late in the book and then again part 2 deserves every scene it has. Tough call – oh Kloves, can you get this one right?

Posted by Vineeth Thomas on March 13, 2009, 08:12 AM report to moderator
Old_school_025__2__thumb

Beautiful location… I really hope they get it right

Posted by Lis Lovegood on March 13, 2009, 08:15 AM report to moderator

I can’t wait for this movie. I’m just excited they are finally splitting a book into two parts. I hate when they leave tons of stuff out.

Posted by on March 13, 2009, 08:37 AM report to moderator

Harry Potter was a highly unusual boy in many ways. For one thing, he hated the summer holidays more than any other time of the year. For another, he really wanted to do his homework but was forced to do it in secret, in the dead of night. And he also hap