Now Online: The Full Trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
April 16, 2009, 09:18 PM

Behold: the full length trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is now online!
Enjoy in glorious Quicktime High Definition: here (med), here (super large) and here (small). It is also available here in our galleries. Update: Yahoo has also released new character banners here!
Direct links as follows:

Medium
Small

FLASH
Large
Small

IPOD

This full length trailer for the sixth Harry Potter film is a dramatic serious trailer, full of new music, stunning new footage, most notably Snape whispering "It's Over."New are dramatic scenes in the cave, new dialogue from Dumbledore on how he can not destroy it by himself, and Lupin speaks about a mission given to Draco Malfoy. There are new shots of Ginny reaching out to Harry saying "take my hand," and then, they hold hands. Also new are shots of the Quidditch stadium, a close up of the Dark Mark, Hermione smacking Ron on the shoulder with her book in the Great Hall, stunned students standing at the bottom of the tower, Draco, Harry and Sectumsempra fight in the bathroom, a cursed Katie Bell hanging in the snowy air, much to the horror of the Trio, new shots of the creeping crawling Inferi, Draco wavering on the Tower saying "I have to do this," new footage of the Death Eater attack on the Bridge in London and much much more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Swan_thumb

I felt like they had the balance between dark and light passages just right in this trailer; hopefully it’s a reflection of the movie! Loved it!

Posted by Kalin [WBM] on April 16, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0140_thumb

SO AWESOME! XD

I loved the bit where Harry is knocked by Snape’s spell!

Posted by L. P. Dantas on April 16, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Vivien-leigh_thumb

Bloody Brilliant! I love it, especially the Ron/Hermione stuff.

Posted by Katarina on April 16, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_girl_thumb

OMG I AM SHAKING AND MY HEART IS POUNDING AND I SCREAMED THROUGH THE WHOLE THING! OMG OMG OMG DRACO! THOSE PARTS MADE ME SHIVER! “I HAVE TO DO THIS!” OMG AND SNAPE! AND RON! AND KATIE! OMG OMG OMG I’M STILL SHAKING! THAT. WAS. EPIC. I’M NOT EVEN KIDDING RIGHT NOW. WOW. ok now i gotta finish my essay :( nothing like one of those babies to dampen the potter vibes…..
p.s. I’m sorry for this long, maniac rant. I’m just so excited.

Posted by ameema on April 16, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator

It’s just incredible! :-D

Posted by Lily_Severus on April 16, 2009, 09:57 PM report to moderator
Picture_181-1_thumb

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!! AMAZING!
“It is over.” AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D. I love you Alan Rickman.

Posted by DePillow on April 16, 2009, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Iced_grean_tea_thumb

AH MAY ZEENG

Posted by ritaweasley [ROAR!] on April 16, 2009, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Thanks for sharing this! This trailer is absolutely bone-chilling and I do not know if I can wait until this summer now. This was intense beyond all belief.

Posted by Kirk on April 16, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

AMAZING The trailers always make me so excited to see the movie.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on April 16, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

So cool!!!

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 16, 2009, 10:03 PM report to moderator

its awsome but i think the movie is going to be a dissapointmet

Posted by harrypotterinpersinator on April 16, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator

its awsome but i think the movie is going to be a dissapointmethttp://the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/4/16/now-online-the-full-trailer-for-harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince/page/2

D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

that was an EXPERIENCE…adrenaline, chills and even a little teary at the end….OMG on all the acting! it was the best trailer so far!

Hey Sue,

the trailer in the video gallery is not whole. The last bit is missing.

Did you know that?

Posted by Lily_Severus on April 16, 2009, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Love_thumb

What is the scene with all of the kids raising their wands in the air? Is that the scene they are using to substitute for Dumbledore’s funeral?

Posted by bibliomaniac WBM on April 16, 2009, 10:08 PM report to moderator

Harry frowned. He thought it was a bit rich of Uncle Vernon to call anyone "dumpy," when his own son, Dudley, had finally achieved what he'd been threatening to do since the age of three, and become wider than he was tall.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014