Preview of a Scene with the Smelly Sneaky Thief Named Mundungus Fletcher in Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 21, 2009, 03:55 PM

Last month in one of our recent exclusive casting reports, TLC was able to tell you that actor Andy Linden was confirmed be appearing as Mundungus Fletcher for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Today, there is a new article online with actor Martin Ballantyne who discusses his role as "Scary Face" in the upcoming Half-Blood Prince as an extra with no lines,  but landed a small role that is part of  a scene with Mundungus Fletcher for Deathly Hallows. Mr. Ballantyne notes he is playing an "associate" to the dodgy member of the Order of the Phoenix, and says the scene involves one of Dung's notoriously underhanded sales. Quotage:

But in The Deathly Hallows the director, David Yates, had remembered me and I was given the part of Mundungus' Associate. He is a baddy - I'm always the baddy - and I had a few lines to learn and say.”
“I couldn't believe it when I got to the Leavesden studios in Hertfordshire a month ago and was told I had this part. The director said 'we will try something a bit more meaty this time'.“I cannot repeat the lines I had to say but it was in a scene where Mundungus is negotiating a purchase.”

Martin Ballantyne goes on to note that Dung Fletcher actor Andy Linden is "really nice," and speaks abit about the remaining filming and release schedule for the two films.

“It's like a big family when you get there.

“Having this part is a good part for me because I have lines and most of the parts I have had are without lines.

“I should be in the final film The Deathly Hallows Part 2. The Half Blood Prince is out in cinemas in July, The Deathly Hallows Part 1 will be out in cinemas for Christmas 2010 and the second part will be out sometime in 2012 [sic] - although we haven't started filming that yet

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ron1_thumb

Hmm, that’s interesting…..

Posted by Christine on April 21, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

wait..2012!? isn’t it July 2011!!!!!??

Posted by Matea on April 21, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

2012?

Posted by abandonedboyjon on April 21, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

I wonder what part that is. Maybe we get to see him sale the necklace?

Posted by Mr. Brightside on April 21, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

I really think we know now that they aren’t filming the two films separate meaning the first one first and then the second one. I really think it is all jumbled up like in LOTR.

Posted by decarus on April 21, 2009, 04:26 PM report to moderator
Rupert_thumb

Oh god, it better be 2011! I thought they didn’t want to keep it to far apart :’(

Posted by Chromate {ROAR} on April 21, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

…And the Deathly Hallows news continues to pour.
It’s raining cast and dogs! So good!

Posted by YodatheHobbit on April 21, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Maryjim_thumb

2012? Huh.

Posted by treebeliever on April 21, 2009, 04:34 PM report to moderator

He’s probably just misinformed. He also said that he’s in Part Two, which we definitely know is wrong. Unless the split is after the Wedding… :P

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on April 21, 2009, 04:36 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

it better not be 2012

Posted by Horcruxalej on April 21, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

It is strange that he thinks they are in part 2, because as far as I remember the last we see of Dung is at Grimmauld Place, and that can’t be any later than half way through part 1. Perhaps this means they are swapping things around a bit.

Posted by roonwit on April 21, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator

You guys, he’s an extra with maybe two lines, if even that? Not a credible source.

WB confirmed that the date was July 15 2011, and I believe them. They know not to screw up again after all of the backlash they got last August.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on April 21, 2009, 04:43 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS HE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT EVENNNNNNNNNNNNN

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on April 21, 2009, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I have no idea why they announced release dates for this film so early, they were just asking for trouble.

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on April 21, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Baby_harry_thumb

I think it’s 2011. they’re filming them very back to back. no reason for another year delay. probobly either a typo or a mistake on the part of the actor or journalist.

Posted by savingharry on April 21, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator

[Mrs. Weasley] pointed to the brand-new silver badge on Percy's chest. "Second Head Boy in the family!" she said, swelling with pride.[br]"And last," Fred muttered under his breath.