Phelps Twins Reminisce in a New Interview on the Scholastic Website

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
January 08, 2010, 03:59 PM

Another fun cast interview has surfaced, this time with James and Oliver Phelps on Scholastic.com. The actors responsible for portraying Fred and George Weasley in the Harry Potter films reminisce about the auditions for their parts, speaking in unison and souvenirs smuggled from the set. Quotage:

Q: In the films you guys speak in unison. Does that ever happen in real life?
James: It kind of came across because of that. In the films that happened because Oliver said something and I just cut him up to carry on pretty much exactly what he was saying. And Alfonso [the director of Prisoner of Azkaban] said, “I like that. Let's put it in.” So he literally got the script, crossed a load out and mixed it all up and it came from there. So I guess we do. I don't know why. Probably been around each other too much.
Q: Have you managed to take any of the props as souvenirs?
Oliver: A few may have found their way into my bag. We were on tour for the Half-Blood Prince and I was going through one airport. I took my laptop out of my bag and I found a puking pastie. And the [security] dude who was working was like, “What's that?” And I was like, “. . . puking pastie?” And he says, “What does that do?” “It makes you sick.” “Why have you got that?” And I said, “You're not gonna believe me if I told you.”
The full text of the interview can be found via this link.

Thanks to Ink Splot 26 for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

They’re so funny :)

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on January 08, 2010, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Lmao! “What’s that?” And I was like, “. . . puking pastie?” I’d like to see that!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on January 08, 2010, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

LOL I didn’t think that puking pasties were totally real. I figured they were like fake vomit. But I do understand what Oliver was saying that the person wouldn’t believe it when he said why he had it in his bag!!!!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on January 08, 2010, 04:22 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

I don’t know why, but I imagine them just like Fred&George, funny and always positive. I love them! It would be nice if I had some puking pasties in my bag)))) Aaaaah!

Posted by Pollytomat on January 08, 2010, 05:40 PM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

Really cool interview! Sad to think how this set of movies is coming to an end, but I’m sure it won’t be too many years from now there’ll be more HP movies or TV shows.

Posted by vespasian68967 on January 08, 2010, 05:44 PM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

Posted by vespasian68967 on January 08, 2010, 05:45 PM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

Posted by vespasian68967 on January 08, 2010, 05:47 PM report to moderator
The_master_close_up_thumb

Sorry about all those multiple postings; my web browser went all crazy on me! I apologize to you all.

Posted by vespasian68967 on January 08, 2010, 05:54 PM report to moderator
15022011403_-_c_pia_thumb

Cool interview! I love it! George and Fred are so funny.

Posted by katarina_cat -*K.Wings*- [ITC!] on January 08, 2010, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Great interview! I love the twins!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on January 08, 2010, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

Lol. This is why I love both the Phelps twins and Fred and George. I really hope the security guard let him keep the puking pastie.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on January 08, 2010, 06:53 PM report to moderator

So funny about the puking pastie, lol!

Posted by badger666 on January 08, 2010, 07:00 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

i love these 2

Posted by LilLadySnape on January 08, 2010, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Hpq-07_thumb

Funny interview. Especially the puking pastille part!!

Posted by ars98 on January 08, 2010, 08:47 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore_s_army_thumb

I went to the site and read the whole interview…I love those guys:)

Posted by emily_hp97 on January 08, 2010, 09:21 PM report to moderator

"The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to -- er -- let our hair down," she said, in a disapproving voice.[br]Lavender giggled harder than ever... Harry could see what was funny this time: Professor McGonagall, with her hair in a tight bun, looked