Four New Pages from Forthcoming Harry Potter Film Wizardry Book

Misc
Posted by: Rosi
October 12, 2010, 08:57 PM

Harper Collins have sent along four new pages from the forthcoming book Harry Potter Film Wizardry, which follows the ten-year process of making the Harry Potter films. The pages feature concept art and new quotations from many people behind the scenes and include: a page about the process of transforming the Great Hall into the Yule Ball for the "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" film;  a page about Severus Snape and the creation of Spinner's End; a page devoted to the village of Hogsmeade; and lastly, a page about Luna Lovegood and the Thestrals.

You can find the book's trailer at this link and can find more pages and images from the book here in the Leaky image galleries.

Harry Potter Film Wizardry
will be released on the 19th of October, 2010 and was written by Brian Sibley. Find links to purchase the book here on the Harper Collins website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Misc News

Beckett_thumb

First!!!!!!!!!!! yaya!!!!!! OMG! this is too cooooool!

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on October 12, 2010, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Hphphp_thumb

Second! I can’t wait to see this book!

Posted by hermionelily on October 12, 2010, 09:15 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds great! Finally a new book about Harry Potter! I can’t wait for the book!

Capture10_thumb

mugglenet had this last night. but i cant wait for this.. im getting it as soon as it comes out :)

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on October 12, 2010, 09:23 PM report to moderator
Ivegotchocolate_resized_thumb

Well definitely add this to my Christmas Wish List :)

Posted by Jonelle on October 12, 2010, 09:36 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

Nice! Very exciting. Hope to see the book soon.

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on October 12, 2010, 09:50 PM report to moderator
Photo0350_thumb

OH MY GOSH i want this book so bad!

Posted by Polka Square on October 12, 2010, 10:07 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

THis looks like material that is included in Ultimate Edition DVD’s.

Posted by taoist1 on October 12, 2010, 11:07 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

THis looks like material that is included in Ultimate Edition DVD’s.

Posted by taoist1 on October 12, 2010, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

id just like to start by saying I want it

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on October 13, 2010, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I seem to remember that the excellent BBC radio adaptation of LOTR back in the ’80s (which I have on cassette) was written by someone named Brian Sibley. Could this be the same guy? Anybody know?

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 13, 2010, 12:38 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

These excerpts are such teases! At the end of each, I feel like I’ve just begun to scratch the surface of what I want to know about the subject. I have a feeling that this is the kind of book that will not prove very satisfying.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 13, 2010, 12:57 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Definitely going to get this book, so I won’t read any of the pages until they are in my hands. So excited!!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on October 13, 2010, 01:26 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@WeenyOwl, Yes, it is the same Brian Sibley. He wrote some of the tie-in books for the film versions of LoTR, and can be seen talking about Tolkien on the ‘extras’ disks with the DVDs of those films. I can’t think of anybody better to write something like this. Here’s his website: http://briansibleytheworks.blogspot.com/.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on October 13, 2010, 02:24 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Interesting. I might get this. lol @ the pic with the miniature Hogsmeade.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on October 13, 2010, 03:03 AM report to moderator

"I liked the DA! I learned loads with you!"[br]"I enjoyed the meetings, too," said Luna serenely. "It was like having friends."