David Heyman Comments on Possible Theme Park Expansion

Movies
Posted by: Stephanie_J
November 18, 2011, 11:36 PM

In an exclusive interview with the Toronto Sun, Harry Potter producer David Heyman acknowledged that Universal Studios is planning an expansion to the popular Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, though did not elaborate on any details.

Heyman confirmed with Sun Media that details are being planned, including new Potter-themed thrill rides. Heyman himself has been thrilled with the response. "This is the first time we've been here with this crowd," he said of "real fans" of the Harry Potter universe. "You realize it does live on and it lives on in so many ways."
Do note that any expansion would still be a few years off, but it's an exciting prospect! What are some Harry Potter-themed rides you'd like to see?

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Dragonlioness_thumb

That’s exciting! Because I doubt I’ll be able to come up with the money in the next few years, so if they expand, i’ll have more time to make more money and make the best trip of my life <3

Posted by Felteppsters on November 18, 2011, 11:39 PM report to moderator

:D i already know that they r making the park bigger, but i’m still excited to read this!!!!!! i can’t wait for the rides, and decor all over the place!!! :D :D

Posted by Nikki lovegoode on November 18, 2011, 11:51 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

OMFG!!!!YESSSSSS

Posted by ResaPotter on November 18, 2011, 11:59 PM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

i hope they put in that ride that evanna lynch was talking about! it sounds so interesting!!!!

Posted by the mudblood princess:)/ginnylove101 {WBM}=:) on November 19, 2011, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I would love something Quidditch related! No more roller coasters though please, they freak me out and are basically all the same.

Posted by LunaLuver on November 19, 2011, 12:22 AM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

I am so happy to hear this.

Posted by ForeverHPfan on November 19, 2011, 12:26 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lmctr4b2o21qcc5qvo1_500_thumb

The Lovegood ride, with Blibbering Humdingers, Nargles, Wrackspurts and Crumple-Horned Snorkacks :)

Posted by JocundaSykes~ROAR~ on November 19, 2011, 02:00 AM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

I’d love to see a ride where you can ride around on a broomstick and steer, like those fake cars! Or maybe a ride through Diagon Alley, it’d be cool if they added that! The possibilities are endless!

Posted by Dreamer on November 19, 2011, 07:18 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I’m not sure when I’ll be able to go, but that be pretty cool to see the park expand!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on November 19, 2011, 07:45 AM report to moderator
Smart_ravenclaw_mock_thumb

I just went so it’s kinda upsetting, but I’m glad they’re expanding four rides just isn’t enough. I also hope they lower their prices a bit. It is extremely expensive… but it was one of the best experiences of my life. I can’t wait to go back when I can…

Posted by readhp1008 on November 19, 2011, 08:04 AM report to moderator

Universal needs to expand the Potter franchise since Disney has acquired control over the Marvel characters. At some point they’ll put Spiderman, etc. and Universal needs a replacement. But really, Warner Bros. has the HP franchise sewn up. Why they didn’t think there was enough in the series to support an entire new park is unfathomable. A dedicated HP theme park: Diagon Alley for the shops; Hogwarts Castle, MOM, Privet Drive, Hogwarts Express, Platform 9 & 3/4——-more than enough for developing an entire theme park.

Posted by sampsongregory on November 19, 2011, 08:09 AM report to moderator
Hermione_-_poa_thumb

Oh my word…. And I though I died and went to heaven when I got my first glimpse of Hogwarts. I can’t imagine going again to see even more!

Posted by hermioneginnyluna on November 19, 2011, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

Wow! Maybe go to Ministry of Magic or something like that, Shreking Shack, maybe. Oh, that’s so amazing, but I’m going next Summer, though to see how it’s like now! Oh, my Gosh! I’m so excited!!! :D

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on November 19, 2011, 10:15 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

It appears that ‘they’ are finally beginning to see the light. HP is sooo much bigger than they realized. TWWOHP has the potential to be bigger than Disney ever was.

Posted by Won_Two on November 19, 2011, 12:52 PM report to moderator

I have so many idea! Maybe I could volunteer to be on their board of advisors! I’d like a Soxx Shop in Glad Rags so I could pick out a pair for Dobby (after all the theme park is set about Book 4 and he is still alive). Madam Puddifoots would be nice. And of course, a place to use floo powder or port key to take me to The Leaky Cauldron and other places in Diagonally.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on November 19, 2011, 01:09 PM report to moderator

Meanwhile it became clear just how many Skiving Snackboxes Fred and George had managed to sell before leaving Hogwarts. Umbridge only had to enter her classroom for the students assembled there to faint, vomit, develop dangerous fevers, or else spout bloo