"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Trailer Airs on ABC Family; US and French Dubbed Version Now Online (Updated)

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
April 27, 2011, 08:47 PM

Update: Apple.com has made available the trailer for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" which can be viewed in 480p, 720p, and 1080p.

As expected, ABC Family has aired the full US version of the trailer during the last half hour of the "Happy Gilmore" broadcast.  Clocking in at approximately two minutes in legnth, the trailer features a voice over of Lord Voldemort's speech during the Battle of Hogwarts and glimpses of the battle, Gringots break in, the castle crashing down around Harry, Snape's memories, Molly and Bellatrix's duel, Snape at Godric's Hollow, Oliver Wood sweeping into Hogwarts, the Weasley's surrounding Fred's body, and Harry and Voldemort tumbling off a cliff at Hogwarts.

Additionally, Cine.orange has posted a French dubbed version of what is expected to be the first full trailer for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" set to air this evening on ABC Family.  To watch this trailer, click here.

Stay close to Leaky as we'll post the trailer as soon as it appears online.

Update 2:  Thanks to WB we now have a full range of viewing and download options for the just released "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" trailer.

WINDOWS HD

WINDOWS STANDARD

FLASH

QUICKTIME HD

QUICKTIME STANDARD

Many thanks to Countdown2DH!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Has anybody identified the large figure wielding the forked stick in the courtyard at 1:23/4? Is that supposed to be a giant?

And is that really Harry reaching for Lily’s hand, near the beginning, as Hinkypunkmum suggests? At first I thought that the hand on the left must be Voldemort’s on account of the swollen nails, but the female hand pulling away makes me wonder if that bit is from Sev and Lily’s falling-out scene.

Oh, and I am the only one who thinks that having the knight hit the ground on the word ‘night’ was kind of cheesy?

Overall, though, I agree with the description of it looking ‘epic,’ and most of all I am thrilled to see that Snape seems finally to be getting his fair share of screentime. If they do the Prince’s Tale well enough, I will probably forgive the filmmakers a lot of other silliness like the leap off the tower.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on April 28, 2011, 02:33 PM report to moderator

FantasticawesomeEPICheartrending!!!
i think the hands must belong to Harry and Lily in “into the forest again” because it looks like Harry’s jacket and the forest in the background.
The only part I’m not wild about is the leap off the battlements – never like it when they depart unneccessarily from canon.

Accio July 13! (South Africa)

Posted by pottershrink on April 28, 2011, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

I think it is actually bits of the Lily and Snape falling out scene, as you are suggesting, WeenyOwl – same sleeves, I think?
Ah well, but agree – as long as Snape gets his deserved screen time, I am not that fussed about the rest … and to me, the falling-off-the-cliff scene looked good – although it is undoubtedly unnecessary. But then again we have to see how it works in context …

Posted by siena on April 28, 2011, 02:56 PM report to moderator
218013_10150157243293459_46389518458_6655174_5491948_n_thumb

It’s Wonderfullllllll, MERCI !ยง!

Posted by HogwartsHP on April 28, 2011, 03:09 PM report to moderator
7840746_normal_thumb

I’m Voldemort, and I scream like this: EEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!
Breathtaking trailer, though! :o)

Posted by Linda Hong on April 28, 2011, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Normal_movies_ootp_stills_promoshots_019_normal_thumb

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Hermione Luna Tonks on April 28, 2011, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Dhsmall_thumb

The dragon looks fantastic!

Posted by akcorr on April 28, 2011, 04:23 PM report to moderator

It’s just amazing! I just wanted to jump in there and help them out! This might be the first movie from the Harry Potter series that will be better than the books! =]

Posted by . on April 28, 2011, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Hg_thumb

Looks gorgeous… except for the Harry/ Voldie cliff jumping. Really? Harry’s line before they go over is terrible. Otherwise, I like what I see.

Posted by Chreechree on April 28, 2011, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Self_acceptance_by_jenniholma_1__normal_thumb

Can’t wait to see the whole movie!!!! :D

Posted by Aceba {WBM} on April 28, 2011, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

*WeenyOwl, I don’t think the hand is actually pulling away, I think it’s more a letting go, as Lily would have done in the forest as Harry was about to approach Voldemort. (Made me get a bit teary as a matter of fact, as did seeing Tonks and Lupin!) It somehow doesn’t look like Snape’s hand…. but you could be right.

Posted by izziewitch on April 28, 2011, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

And I think that figure in the courtyard is a giant.

Posted by izziewitch on April 28, 2011, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I watched it so many times and at the end I’m shaking! Haha! Voldy screams so many times though!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on April 28, 2011, 05:31 PM report to moderator
Littlel_thumb

Cool!! Not sure about the leaping off the tower bit, a bit too hollywood. Also I think that’s Neville on the broom saying “come on”

Posted by littleL on April 28, 2011, 05:31 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

Hmm…I have good and bad to say. GOOD: Snape’s memory, nearly peed on myself with happiness cause i was scared they wouldnt put that in. The Battle bit looks freaking epic. Ginny’s scream sent chills down my spine. BAD: The voldy-harry jump thing was like WTF, they showed fred dying, but i delebritly went back scene by scene to see it. Overall it was decent, i was worried they were gonne show the Hermione-ron kiss like the ginny-harry and cho-harry kisses. glad

Posted by Brianna on April 28, 2011, 05:48 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Aaah... pain beyond pain, my friends; nothing could have prepared me for it. I was ripped from my body, I was less than spirit, less than the meanest ghost... but still, I was alive. What I was, even I do not know... I, who have gone further than anybody