Harry Potter E-Books Sell Over 1 Million Pounds in Three Days

Books
Posted by: Mel
April 07, 2012, 10:39 PM

The recently opened Pottermore Shop is reporting that during the first three days they were in operation they made 1 million pounds from the sales of the Harry Potter e-books:

"We had budgeted for a much lower figure, I had looked at the physical sales of the books, and tried to anticipate what proportion of sales would be digital, and that there was a certain amount of pent-up demand, but it surpassed anything we anticipated," said Redmayne. The first three novels cost £4.99 in ebook form, the final four are priced at £6.99 in ebook and all seven can be purchased in a bundled digital edition for £38.64.

The sales of Rowling's ebooks have now "settled down" but continue to exceed expectations. "It is still running at a much higher rate than I was anticipating, even for the launch. It is still surpassing anything I've ever seen for e-book sales," said Redmayne. "Everything that Harry Potter does surpasses expectations. We had planned for something that we just couldn't anticipate."

You can read the rest of the article here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Img_0283_thumb

Woaw! That’s amazing! I Often use eBooks so I’ll have fun!

Posted by HermioneLunaHP on April 12, 2012, 04:53 AM report to moderator
Neville-poster_thumb

I am very excited because the books weren’t available on Kindle at all and I bought all of them for around $55. Also I can now download the Book 7 audiobook to my IPOD. The shop is great because you can download in any major format so it was set up for Kindle, Nook, etc. Only sad thing is it wouldn’t let me buy the British version.

Posted by Nevilla on April 13, 2012, 07:16 AM report to moderator
Neville-poster_thumb

I just like the idea of being able to carry all 7 books in my purse, you know. I can even put them on my phone. So JOY!

Posted by Nevilla on April 13, 2012, 07:17 AM report to moderator
1b6254349a584bd136e047f7ef09b20674abbb5_s_thumb

I am at a loss to understand why people think e-books are such a bad thing. I go to hospital quite often for treatment and it’s great to use a kindle rather than take a hefty book with you. I have both books and e-books and both have their advantages.

Posted by GoldenGem on April 13, 2012, 07:31 AM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

my friends have been trying to buy the hp books on their kindels and nooks for EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i better go to them to get on pottermore rite now and buy them! they will be so excited

Posted by athena lupin on April 24, 2012, 03:51 PM report to moderator

"Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young... and I seem to have forgotten lately..."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014